Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking
Everest Gokyo is for the person who wants to trek high in altitude, see the biggest mountain on earth and can handle this fairly cold climate which exists at almost any time of year at this altitude.
Mt. Everest, otherwise known as Chomolungma (Tibetan, meaning Goddess Mother Mountain) and Sagarmatha (Nepali, meaning One Whose Forehead Touches the Sky), the highest mountain of the world is the ultimate dream of all trekkers and mountaineers. Here we have a especially designed this trip to bring you to Kalapattar-the best viewpoint and also the base camp. Everest Base Camp is certainly the most loved trekking destination of Nepal but in terms trekkers' traffic is the second because of its accessibility.
After a breathtaking, 40 minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla in the Khumbu region, we land and have lunch at 9200 feet before beginning our trek to the Everest base camp. Along the way you will be inspired by awesome views of Mt Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhtose, and Nuptse.
Everest trek is also popular because of Sherpa Villages and monasteries of Khumbu-the spectacular glacial valley below Everest. The Khumbu is surrounded by the mountains, including the isolated and magnificently chiseled Ama Dablam and double-summited Kangtega, whose great ice wall rears above famous Tengboche Monastery, the place you will treasure most on this trek. This wonderful Monastery, sits on a perfect saddle of land, providing full views of the mountains that await you. It is a magical spiritual place to explore. The other highlights of this trek is getting to know the friendly Sherpa people, visiting trailside tea houses, sipping home-made chang (beer made from barley) with new-found friends, and learning how Tibetan Buddhism influences every aspect of Sherpa life.
- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2: Morning Flight from Kathmandu to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Trekking from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 3 hours.
- Day 3: Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 4: Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours.
- Day 5: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Phortse Thanga (Alt. 3680m/12073ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 6: Trekking from Phorse Thanga to Machherma (Alt. 4470m/14665ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 7: Trekking from Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4790m/15715ft). Walking 4 hours.
- Day 8: Hike up to Gokyo Ri (5360m/17585ft) and back to Gokyo Lake. Walking 5 hours.
- Day 9: Trekking from Gokyo Lake to Dole (4110m/13484ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 10: Trekking from Dole to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 11: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 12: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 13: Sightseeing tour to World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 14: Final Departure.